aftercare & support
Avoid direct exposure to sunlight and sunbeds for at least 2 weeks. Do not apply any self-tanning products for 1 week prior to treatment.
Some clients like to apply a numbing cream before treatments. This can help to reduce discomfort and make your tattoo removal more comfortable.
- Massage moisturiser or aloe vera cream into the area twice a day.
- Avoid restrictive clothing or excessive friction of the area.
- Avoid applying perfume, body lotions, after shave, makeup, or deodorant to the area.
- Avoid excessive exercise or hot baths, that may cause heat to build up in the area.
- Avoid heat treatments such as saunas and steam rooms as well as Jacuzzis.
- Avoid going swimming as chemicals in the water may cause a skin reaction.
- Do not lie in direct sunlight or use sunbeds as this activates the melanin in the skin and can lead to pigmentation marks.
- Notify British Laser Clinics of any change in medical conditions, medication or pregnancy.
In the unlikely event that the treated area blisters following treatment, the blistered area should be left alone to heal naturally. If the blisters bursts, then a dry dressing should be applied. Avoid scratching or picking scabs or blisters as this may result in scarring.
If you have any concerns following your treatment, please contact us at any time to discuss your issues.